Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 organic lemon, ends cut off and sliced to 1/8″ (a mandolin works well)
- 1/4 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp. organic blackstrap molasses
- Real Salt, just a pinch
Here’s how I do it:
- Place the lemon slices into a 1 quart sauce pot and cover with cold water. Use just enough water to cover the lemons.
- Simmer the lemons for 1 minute.
- Add the cane sugar, blackstrap molasses and real salt
- Simmer the lemons for 2 additional minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, or a half-gallon glass jar and use an immersion blender to puree.
- Transfer the mixture into a small frying pan and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.