Here’s what you need:
- 10 organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 organic medium yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered organic schmaltz for sauteing
- 1-2 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Roast, chunked or shredded
- 1 cup cooked Homemade Organic Wild Rice Blend
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 8 oz. [1 brick] organic cream cheese, chunked
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- organic granulated garlic to taste, if needed
- 2 cups shredded organic cheddar cheese
Here’s how I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the schmaltz and allow to get warm and bubbly.
- Saute the onion and mushrooms for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Then add the chicken stock.
- Slowly stir in the cream cheese chunks.
- Once the sauce is made, add the chicken chunks and seasonings.
- Place the rice and sauce into a casserole dish and mix well.
- Top the casserole with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.