Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 1 1-lb. package organic spaghetti
- 8 oz, [1 brick] organic cream cheese, chunked
- 3 ribs of organic celery, sliced
- 1 medium organic onion, diced
- 10 organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 to 5 cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. schmaltz, for sauteing (organic pasture butter will work, too)
- 2 cups of Homemade Organic Chicken Stock or Homemade Organic Chicken Broth or Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock, divided
- 2 cups shredded organic cheddar cheese
Here’s how I do it:
- Boil water in a 4 quart saucepan. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add the spaghetti and boil until al-dente, approximately 8 minutes.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the celery, onions and mushrooms for sauteing.
- Heat the schmaltz in a stock pot until melted.
- Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the two cups of chicken stock and stir well.
- Stir in the cream cheese chunks and make sure it’s well blended.
- Add the remaining seasonings and stir well
- Transfer to a casserole dish and mix with the cooked spaghetti noodles.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling.