Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. of ground organic grass-fed beef or 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Beef Mix (You can substitute 1 lb. pastured ground pork OR 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Pork Mix, if desired)
- 1 cup diced organic yellow onion (you can substitute 1 Tbsp. of organic dried minced onion)
- 1 cup diced organic tomatoes (optional)
- 2 to 3 cloves organic garlic, minced (you can substitute 1 tsp. of organic granulated garlic)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1-3/4 cups of organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1/4 cup organic whey (not powdered)
- 2 cups organic elbow macaroni; OR organic cavatelli pasta
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. organic cumin powder
- 1 tsp. organic paprika
- 1 tsp. organic chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. organic turmeric
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup organic ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. organic blue cheese crumbles
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Beef Mix: Pour 1/4 cup water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen beef mix, tomatoes (if using) and onions. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add the garlic; Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Proceed with step 4.
- Brown the beef in a saucepan until halfway done.
- Add the onions, tomatoes (if using) and garlic then saute with the ground beef for 6 to 7 minutes until the beef is brown and the onions are clear.
- Add the beef stock, vegetable stock, whey and milk; Stir well.
- Add the macaroni or cavatelli pasta, stir well
- Gently mix in the salt, cumin, paprika, chili pepper, cayenne (if using) and turmeric.
- Slowly bring the mixture to a boil then simmer uncovered until the noodles are al-dente, approximately 16- 22 minutes.
- Add the cheddar, ricotta and blue cheeses, allowing them to melt into the dish.