Here’s what you need:
- 1 pound of organic macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 2 cups of organic whole grass-fed milk
- 1 cup of organic Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of organic Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of organic Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of organic Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. Real Salt or sea salt, extra salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground mixed peppercorns to taste
- 1 pinch organic ground nutmeg
Here’s how I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Boil 2 quarts of unchlorinated and unfluoridated water with 1 tsp. of salt.
- Once boiling, add the pasta and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook pasta for approximately 8 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the flour stirring constantly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk to the saucepan.
- Add 2/3 cup of Gouda, 2/3 cup of Havarti and 2/3 cup of Cheddar to the saucepan slowly and while stirring to keep it from scorching. (reserve the remaining cheese)
- Place the cooked macaroni and cheese sauce into the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole with the remaining cheeses.
- Cook for 35 minutes in a 350° Fahrenheit oven or until the cheese browns and the macaroni and cheese is bubbly.