I must have been thinking of pizza when I whipped up this casserole from scratch, without any recipes. I’m pretty pleased with the results and I hope that you will be, too!
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 organic green bell pepper, diced
- 1 organic medium onion, diced
- 2 organic celery stalks, diced
- 3 or 4 organic raw mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup homemade beef stock or beef drippings
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock (or additional beef stock, if desired)
- 1 cup of organic marinara sauce (preferably homemade)
- 8 ounces of organic pasta (whatever shape you’d like, but I used a short pasta)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of homemade bread crumbs or homemade seasoned breadcrumbs
Here’s What I do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Begin browning the ground beef, then add the onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook until the meat is tender and the onions are transparent.
- Add the mushrooms, stir.
- Add the stock and marinara sauce, stir.
- Add the seasonings, stir
- Add the noodles, stir
- Simmer until the noodles are al dente.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish and cover with the cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake until bubbly and the bread crumbs are toasted. (15 – 30 minutes depending on the size of your pan. I cut this recipe in half and it took 15 minutes to bake.)