I found the original recipe on About.com.
Here’s what you need:
- I cup Homemade Organic Basic Yellow Mustard; OR 1 cup Homemade Organic French’s-Styled Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- 1/4 tsp. organic cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. organic fermented soy sauce (Nama Shoyu)
- 2 Tbsp. organic pastured butter
Here’s how I do it:
- Mix all ingredients (except soy sauce and butter)
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes (be careful not to simmer too long!)
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.