Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 cup organic cornmeal/grits
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 4 ounces organic cheddar cheese, grated
Here’s how I do it:
- Place milk, water and salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add cornmeal/grits.
- Decrease temperature to low & cover.
- Remove lid and whisk frequently (approximately every three to four minutes).
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add pepper and butter.
- Once the butter is melted, slowly add the cheese by the handful and whisk until well incorporated.