Here’s What You Need:
- 1/2 cup organic mushrooms, minced
- 3 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1/3 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 4 cups organic grass-fed whole milk, divided
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- pepper to taste
Here’s How I do it:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat until the butter starts to bubble.
- Add mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms are tender.
- Mix 1/2 cups of milk and the flour in the saucepan whisking constantly at medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Slowly add remaining milk, whisking constantly until smooth and thick.
- The soup will thicken slightly as it cools.