Here’s What You Need:
- 1 cup dried organic beans (black, kidney, pinto, navy, or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 tsp. of Homemade Organic Emeril’s Southwest Seasoning or Homemade Organic Taco Seasoning or Homemade Organic Emeril’s Essence or Homemade Organic Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. organic cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp. of Real Salt
- 2 cups of stock (Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock, Homemade Organic Chicken Stock, Homemade Organic Pork Stock or Homemade Organic Beef Stock)
Here’s How I do it:
- Rinse the beans thoroughly, twice, and dispose of the rinsing liquid.
- Add the beans, stock, and seasonings to a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or so depending on the beans. (Kidney beans take longer.)