Here’s What You Need:
- 1 -2 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 1/2 recipe for Homemade Organic Cheese Grits (Leftovers work well for this recipe because you can use whatever you have leftover.)
- 1 recipe for Homemade Organic Tex-Mex Beans
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup organic bell pepper, chopped (frozen works well, too)
- 1 cup organic onion, chopped (frozen works well, too)
- 1 medium organic tomato, juice reserved
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Emeril’s Southwest Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. organic cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the tomato and place into a 2-quart saucepan along with the tomato juice.
- Cook over medium heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, 1 tsp. Real Salt, 1 tsp. of Southwest Seasoning and cayenne pepper (if using) and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place the bell pepper, corn and onion on the bottom of a 9″ X 13″ baking dish.
- Layer the beans on top of the vegetables.
- Layer the chicken mixture on top of the beans
- Layer the rice on top of the chicken mixture
- Layer the cheese grits on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. If frozen, thaw to room temperature before baking.