Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock or broth
- 3 cups Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 2-3 organic carrots, sliced
- 2 organic celery stalks, sliced in half lengthwise and then chopped
- 1/2 large organic onion, diced
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves, miced (optional)
- 2 tsp. organic Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp. Real Salt, or salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. freshly ground organic peppercorn blend, to taste
- 1 package large organic egg noodles. (Homemade would be really good, too!)
- 2 cups shredded or chunked Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
Here’s How I do it:
- Add the stock (and water, if using) to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic (if using) and celery to the pot.
- Add the salt, pepper and Italian Seasonings.
- Turn the temperature down on the stove and allow the vegetables to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the noodles and simmer for an additional 20-25 minutes.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. This soup can freeze very well.