Here’s the link to the recipe that I adapted and made my own.
Here’s what You’ll need:
- 1 cup of Homemade Organic Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock or Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1-2 cups organic broccoli, diced
- 1 cup organic onion, diced
- 3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 organic carrots, chopped
- 1-2 cups of shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 1-2 cups of cubed, dried organic bread (homemade or with minimal ingredients).
- 1 cup of shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. organic Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. organic peppercorn blend
- 1 Tbsp. organic schmaltz (rendered chicken fat), alternatively, lard or butter will do
Here’s How I do it:
- Put the schmaltz into a frying pan (preferably one with deeper walls) on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the carrots to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions to the pan and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and shredded chicken to the pan.
- Add Italian seasoning, Real Salt and pepper.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and mix well in the pan.
- Add the dried bread pieces.
- Cook until the sauce thickens slightly and all of the flavors are well blended, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top, and take off the heat.
- Once the cheese is melted, stir well and enjoy!