Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 box of organic egg noodles (homemade would be awesome, too.)
- 1 cup of organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1/2 cup of organic sour cream OR 2-4 oz. organic cream cheese
- 2-3 cups Homemade Organic Beef Stock, or Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 5-6 organic mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of organic yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. of Homemade Organic Emeril’s Essence OR 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Emeril’s Southwest Seasoning, optional
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- Freshly ground peppercorn blend, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. tallow (rendered beef fat)
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tallow and wait for it to get warm.
- Add the ground beef and cook until halfway done.
- Add the onions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for a minute or so
- Add the beef stock, as well as the seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, sour cream or cream cheese and noodles.
- Once everything is well blended, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- (Depending on how “thirsty” your noodles are, you may have to add more water.)
- If you still want to thicken your sauce, add some flour (1-2 Tbsp. at a time) and mix well.