Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef
- 5-6 small to medium organic Russet potatoes, diced with skins still on them
- 1 organic green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. rendered bacon fat
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- several turns of freshly ground peppercorn blend, to taste
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon grease to the pan.
- Once the fat has warmed through, add the potatoes and begin cooking them, browning them on all sides.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, and the Italian Seasoning onto the potatoes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Add additional rendered bacon fat, if necessary
- Add the onion and bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the meat is browned and the potatoes are tender.