Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6-8 organic cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of Homemade Organic Wild Rice Blend
- 3 cups of Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock, Homemade Organic Chicken Stock or Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 1 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- organic freshly ground peppercorn blend, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. organic butter, schmaltz, or tallow
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter, schmaltz or tallow and warm until bubbly.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and saute for 6-7 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are fragrant.
- Add the rice, stock, salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet with a well fitting lid and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to allow the rice to simmer.
- Simmer the rice for 1 hour, not disturbing the lid.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!