I have adapted the original recipe from Seriouseats.com.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of Homemade Heinz-Styled Ketchup
- 1/4 cup homemade kombucha vinegar or organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed organic light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. organic blackstrap molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Basic Yellow Mustard; OR Homemade Organic French’s-Styled Classic Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Organic KC BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer until dark, thick, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a clean glass jar and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months. (Though it never lasts that long in my household!)