I have adapted this recipe to use shredded chicken or Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast or 1 pint Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp. Homemade Organic Roasted Garlic Paste
- 2 cups organic whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 cup organic peas
- 1 cup organic shredded carrots
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Lemon Glaze, made using organic light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Magic Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tsp. organic dried parsley
- 1 tsp. organic dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. organic turmeric
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 2 Tbsp. organic schmaltz (rendered chicken fat)
Here’s How I do it:
- If using Homemade Organic Freezer Ground Chicken Mix: Pour 1/4 cup water into a deep saucepan with lid; Add the frozen chicken mix and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat, covered. Uncover; break up the frozen chunks into smaller pieces. Add garlic (if using) and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Add the schmaltz and proceed with step 4.
- Heat a saucepan, preferably one with 2″ sides, over medium-high heat.
- Add the schmaltz to the pan and allow to warm up until nice and bubbly.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan and allow to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the beef and vegetable stock and pasta to the skillet.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, turmeric, peas and carrots to the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18 – 25 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the Homemade Organic Lemon Glaze using organic light brown sugar;Add molasses, and additional light brown sugar, if necessary, to the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the noodle mixture and stir until well combined.