I found the original recipe at Top Secret Recipes. I have modified the recipe so that it yields one cup of mustard and also used an all-purpose type flour instead of Wondra Flour. My mustard turned out just fine.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup of organic dried mustard powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. organic distilled white vinegar
- 2 tsp. organic unbleached white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. organic paprika
Here’s How I do it:
- Combine all ingredients into a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. (If you want it spicier, feel free to cook it for 5 to 10 minutes.)
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Leave uncovered for 1 minute.
- Cover and allow to cool completely.
- Store in a half-pint sized jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Chill before using and enjoy!