This is my Darling’s method for making BBQ chicken in the oven. He did a wonderful job! I’m sold, at least.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 raw organic pastured chicken, cut into serving pieces with the bones in and skin on
- 1/2 cup organic BBQ Sauce (He used Big Daddy’s Carolina BBQ Sauce but the Organic Garlic BBQ Sauce or Sweet Baby Ray’s would be good, too.)
- Real Salt, to taste
- freshly ground organic peppercorn blend, to taste
- organic pasture butter, for greasing the casserole dish
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a casserole or other baking dish that is large enough to hold the chicken pieces.
- Use the butter and grease the baking dish. I left extra on the bottom so that the chicken didn’t stick.
- Sprinkle Real Salt and freshly ground peppercorn blend onto the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes (it might take a little longer if baking the chicken breasts, we were using the rest of the chicken).
- Using a silicone basting brush, spread the BBQ sauce over the chicken pieces. Just a light “painting” of sauce is what you’ll need. Adding too much sauce will cause it to glaze, so be careful about that.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes so that the BBQ sauce will melt into the chicken.