This is one of my favorite things to make. This is definitely worth the time and effort.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 organic Russet Potatoes (at least medium sized)
- 3 – 4 organic garlic cloves, minced finely
- 1/2 cup organic full-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup [half stick] organic pasture butter
- 1 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- organic freshly ground peppercorn blend, to taste
- Course Sea Salt or Mountain Salt, to coat potatoes
- Real Salt, to taste
- organic olive oil, to coat potatoes
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil.
- Take the coarse salt and rub all over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees.
- Once the potatoes have finished baking, slice each one in half.
- Scoop out the center of the potato, leaving some of the insides to hold the potato skin together.
- Take all of the potato insides and place into a medium – sized mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream, 1/2 cup of cheddar, butter, Real Salt, minced garlic, and freshly ground peppercorn blend to the mashed potato insides.
- Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Place some of the mashed potato mixture into each of the potato skins.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for an additional 5 minutes, until the cheddar melts.