I found this recipe in Betty Crocker’s 40th Anniversary Cookbook. I was shocked. I hadn’t seen a recipe for popcorn made the good-old-fashioned-way before.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup cup organic vegetable oil (I’d recommend sunflower or olive; OR replace it with 1/2 cup organic pasture butter.)
Here’s How I do it:
- Add the popcorn and oil to a Dutch oven.
- Tilt the pan to distribute evenly.
- Cover and cook on medium-high heat until one kernel pops; remove from heat.
- Let stand one minute and return to heat.
- Cook, shaking occasionally until popcorn stops popping.
- My Darling usually adds organic Parmesan cheese, Real Salt, freshly ground organic peppercorn blend, organic granulated garlic, and/or butter to his popcorn and it’s delicious!