I found this recipe in the Betty Crocker’s 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook. According to the recipe, Oscar Tschirky, maitre d’ at the Waldorf Hotel in New York City, created this salad. I sincerely thank you, Oscar Tschirky, because this is a wonderful salad.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 medium organic apples [approximately 2 cups], coarsely chopped
- 2 medium organic celery stalks [approximately 1 cup], chopped
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup organic nuts, coarsely chopped
Here’s How I do it:
- Put all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and toss together until well coated.
- Serve on salad greens, if desired.
Pear Waldorf Salad: Substitute 4 organic pears, coarsely chopped, for the apples.