This is a recipe that my fiance’ made by combining two recipes and modifying them. This is a wonderful dish.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. organic linguine noodles (Organic fettuccine noodles would work well, too.)
- 2 Tbsp. organic pasture butter or schmaltz (rendered chicken fat)
- 3 Tbsp. organic white unbleached flour
- 2 Tbsp. organic minced onion
- 1 lb. Broiled Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tsp. dried organic parsley, or 2 Tbsp. organic fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whole milk, or 1 cup organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 1/4 cup organic Parmesan cheese
- Real Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Emeril’s Southwest Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. organic cayenne pepper (you can also use homemade hot sauce to taste)
- 1 cup organic shredded pepperjack cheese.
- 3/4 cup homemade shrimp stock or homemade clam stock
Here’s How I do it:
- Boil water to cook noodles.
- In a medium-sized frying pan over medium add the butter to the pan and melt.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook until it becomes a medium-dark roux.
- Add noodles to the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside when finished.
- Stir in the onions, garlic, and parsley.
- Cook until the onions are clear.
- Gradually add the milk and stock.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until thickened.
- Add cheeses and stir until just melted.
- Then stir in the shrimp, salt, cayenne pepper and/or hot sauce (if using)
- Stir in the noodles and mix well.