I’ve adapted this recipe from CopyKat.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Heinz-Styled Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. organic light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. organic granulated onion
- 3/4 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. organic paprika
- 2 Tbsp. organic Nama Shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1/8 sp. organic cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. organic arrowroot powder mixed with 2 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unfluoridated water in a small bowl.
Here’s How I do it:
- Pour all ingredients, except arrowroot powder and water mixture, into a small saucepan and heat on medium low.
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- After twenty minutes add arrowroot mixture, blend well.
- When sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat and let cool.
- Mixture will be similar in thickness to steak sauce.
- Store in a glass jar with tight fitting lid, in the refrigerator.