I have officially made my own fried tortillas. I do not ever want to buy a bag of tortilla chips again. They are so easy to make and taste absolutely scrumptious.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Homemade Organic Flour Tortillas or Homemade Organic Whole Wheat Tortillas (However many you’d like to make into chips/strips.)
- 1 cup organic home rendered lard (pig fat)
- Homemade Organic Lowry’s Styled Seasoned Salt, for sprinkling over the chips/strips
Here’s How I do it:
- Cut the tortillas into the desired shape. (For strips, simply cut the tortillas in straight lines, and cut again to make the desired length. For chips, cut the tortillas into 8 even pieces, like a pie.)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the lard and heat until bubbly.
- Cook the tortilla pieces a handful at a time for 1 minute.