This is Aaron McCargo Jr.’s Chive Butter Sauce that I’ve adapted slightly. You can find the original recipe at Food Network.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups organic white wine (recommended: Frey Vineyards)
- 2 sprigs fresh organic thyme
- 1 organic shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves organic garlic, smashed
- 2 Tbsp.organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 1/2 organic lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. cold organic pasture butter
- 3 Tbsp. chopped organic chives
- Freshly cracked organic peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- In saucepan over medium heat, add wine, sprigs of thyme, shallot and garlic.
- Set on back burner, over medium-low heat, to allow the wine to reduce.
- Once the sauce is reduced to a syrup, strain.
- Add the heavy cream and lemon juice and bring to a slight simmer.
- Whisk in cold butter.
- Once melted, add the fresh chives and season with black pepper.