Oh gosh, I don’t know why I waited so long to make this pie! I found the original recipe here and have adapted it to make it more my own.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Single Pastry Crust or 1-1/2 cups Homemade Organic Basic Pastry Mix blended with 4-5 tablespoons of cold unchlorinated and unfluoridated water–add one tablespoon of water at a time
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Real Salt
- 3 organic pasture eggs
- 1 cup shredded organic coconut
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground organic nutmeg
Here’s How I do it:
- Prepare the pie crust.
- Roll out the pastry. Line the bottom of the pie plate with the pastry dough.
- Freeze the crust for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Bake the crust for 13 minutes, so that it’s halfway baked through.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, and flour together in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the cream of coconut, milk, vanilla, and salt to the egg, sugar and flower mixture. (You can also use an immersion blender on low.)
- Stir the coconut flakes and nutmeg until combined.
- Wait for the pie crust to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the cooled pie shell.
- Set the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 45 minutes. When its ready, the filling will be firm. The edges of the filling may puff up a little. You should not see much browning if any on pie filling. If the pie filling begins to crack, then you’ve baked it for too long.
- Transfer the pie to a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pie into the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- This pie is best served cold.