I wasn’t looking for anything else to be with the jalapenos and after scouring the internet, I found this recipe, that’s wonderfully simple, from Food in Jars.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. of organic jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups organic distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. pickling salt or Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Slice your jalapenos, if desired. (I like them whole or sliced into rings.)
- To make the brine, add the salt, vinegar and water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pack clean, hot jars with peppers.
- Pour hot brine over top.
- Bubble your jars thoroughly by tapping them firmly on the counter top and using a wooden chopstick to release any stubborn bubbles.
- Wipe rims, apply lids and bands.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.
- I like them best when I wait at least a month before eating them so they can soak the brine.
- Store in cool, dark place for up to a year.