I am really excited about this one. It’s one of my favorite Hot Pockets to make.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 recipe Homemade Handheld Pocket Dough
- 1 cup Organic Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 2 cups organic bell peppers, minced and sauteed
- 2 cups organic yellow onion, minced and sauteed
- 6 organic garlic cloves, minced and sauteed
- 1 Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapeno, minced and sauteed
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Chicken Stock, if needed
- 1 organic pasture egg or two organic egg whites
Here’s How I do it:
- Make the dough and cheese sauce, if they’re not all ready prepared.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Using organic pasture butter, grease the pan that you’re going to bake the pockets on.
- Cut the dough into 6 pieces.
- Form each piece into a small ball.
- Roll each ball into a square that’s large enough for two pockets.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Prepare the sauce: Saute the onions, bell peppers and jalapenos for approximately 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the chicken and the cheese sauce to the mixture. (You can add the Homemade Organic Chicken Stock if the sauce is too thick. Remember, the sauce will thicken as it cools.)
- Place 1- 2 Tbsp. sauce mixture on the bottom of one half of the pocket.
- Using either water or more sauce, wet the edges of the dough.
- Fold the pocket in half.
- Using the prongs of a fork, press down on the dough around the edges to form a seal.
- Scramble the egg, if using a whole one, or stir the egg white.
- Brush the egg onto the top of the pastry.
- Poke holes into the pastry with the fork.
- Place the pastry onto the baking pan.
- Repeat steps 9 – 16 until all pastries are completed.
- Bake at 350° F for 25 – 30 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown on top.