Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. organic Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
- 1 pinch of organic nutmeg (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. organic white non-bleached flour
- 2 Tbsp. organic unsalted pasture butter
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Stir in the flour and make a paste.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the milk and allow to warm for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using).
- Sprinkle the cheeses a little bit at a time and allow to melt into the mixture, stirring constantly.
- The sauce is finished after it has thickened.
- Take it off the heat to prevent scorching.