Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1-3/4 cups organic tomato puree
- 1 cup diced organic tomato
- 1/2 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced organic celery
- 1 cup diced organic bell peppers (any color will do)
- 2 cups sliced organic cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups uncooked organic shell pasta (elbow pasta is good, too)
- 2 cups shredded Homemade Organic Chicken Roast
- 2 Tbsp. organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Homemade Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Real Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered lard, or schmaltz
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Put the lard in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Wait until the lard is warm-hot.
- Add the celery and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add the bell pepper and mushrooms and saute for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir in all the other ingredients, except the cheddar cheese.
- Bake COVERED for 50 – 60 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Let the cheese melt before serving, approximately 5 minutes.