Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 organic pasture chicken
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- freshly ground organic peppercorn blend
- freshly ground Real Salt
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to °350 degrees F.
- Put the chicken into a small casserole. I usually use an oval one that holds around 2 quarts.
- Pour the vegetable stock over the chicken.
- Grind the peppercorns over the chicken to coat evenly and to your taste.
- Grind the Real Salt over the chicken to coat evenly and to your taste.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven to baste (cover with the cooking liquids).
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the chicken is finished. That’s usually three times. Sometimes we like to braise our chicken and flip it over to cook for the final 30 minutes.