Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 12 organic small lemons
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- unchlorinated water
- 3 pint Mason jars with lids
Here’s How I do it:
- Zest all of the lemons. Be careful not to get the pith.
- Juice the lemons and remove the seeds. I like my lemonade to have the pulp but if you don’t, strain the pulp out.
- Pour 1/2 cup lemon juice with pulp into each pint jar.
- Place the lemon zest, sugar and 2 cups of water into a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes. You want the mixture to create a lemon sugar syrup.
- Pour 1/3 of the lemon syrup into each pint jar.
- Fill to the top (Leaving 1/4″ headspace if you’re planning on water bath canning them.)
- To make lemonade: place the pint of concentrate into a half-gallon Mason jar. Fill with water and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Yields three pints of lemonade concentrate.