Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups organic broccoli stems, diced (about 1-2 broccoli stems)
- 2 organic garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered lard or organic pasture butter, plus extra to grease the pan
- 3/4 tsp. Real Salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 2 Tbsp. organic Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. organic Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup organic whole yogurt (full fat)
Here’s How I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ square baking dish.
- Put the lard (or butter) into the casserole.
- Put the broccoli and garlic pieces into the square dish.
- Place into the oven and cook for two minutes, or until the lard (or butter) is melted.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. Real Salt and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground peppercorn blend.
- Toss the broccoli in the chosen fat to coat.
- Place the broccoli back into the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is fork tender.
- Once the broccoli is tender, remove from the oven.
- Place the broccoli and garlic into a glass jar (pint-and-a-half works well, but you’ll need a wide mouth one).
- Using an immersion blender, puree the broccoli and garlic. (Start with a low setting and slowly bring up the speed, if needed.)
- Add the yogurt, 1/2 tsp. Real Salt and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground peppercorn blend, Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Pulse the blender on low until well blended.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, potato chips, pretzels, pita chips, or anything else you’d like to try.