If you’d like a milder salsa verde, omit the peppers and use the juice from Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos, to your taste.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. organic tomatillos, outer skins peeled and removed and cut in half
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, cut into fourths
- 4 organic garlic cloves
- 1-2 organic jalapeno peppers, stems removed. (If you want it hotter use organic serrano peppers or a combination of the two)
- 2 cups Homemade Organic Chicken Stock or Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 2 tsp. organic cumin
- 2 tsp. organic dried cilantro
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatillo slices, onion slices and garlic cloves to the skillet, charring on all sides.
- Place the charred vegetables into a half-gallon glass jar.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetables.
- Place the puree, chicken stock, salt, cumin and cilantro into the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20- 30 minutes, or until the desired consistency is reached.