Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups organic dried navy beans
- 1-2 lbs. organic sliced pork belly, or organic uncured bacon
- 1 large organic yellow onion, diced
- 6-8 organic cloves of garlic, whole
- 4 cups [1 quart] Homemade Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Organic Almost Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. organic prepared yellow mustard, like Eden Organic
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. organic tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Real Salt
- 1 Tbsp. organic smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. organic chipotle
- 1 tsp. organic cumin
- 1/2 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- Rinse the beans thoroughly.
- Place the navy beans, diced onion, whole garlic cloves, chicken stock, Almost Heinz 57 Sauce, prepared mustard, tomato paste and light brown sugar into a 4- 5 quart slow cooker and mix well.
- On the low setting, cook the beans for 4 hours.
- Add the salt, smoked paprika, chipotle, cumin, red pepper flakes, and ground peppercorn blend to the stock pot and stir well.
- Cook the beans for an additional 6 hours on low, or until the beans are tender