Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 Homemade Organic Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 6 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 16 oz. [2 bricks] organic cream cheese, softened
- 5 Tbsp. grass-fed organic whole milk
- 2 organic pasture eggs
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup raw local honey (without any corn syrup added)
Here’s How I do it:
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Soften the cream cheese by leaving it on the kitchen counter.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pot over low heat.
- Break the cookies into crumbs using an immersion blender or food processor.
- Place the crumbs into an ungreased 8×8 ” square baking dish.
- Pour the slightly cooled butter mixture on top of the crumbs and press down to make a crust.
- Make sure to mix the butter and crumbs completely.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 325° Fahrenheit.
- Remove and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Place the cream cheese, eggs, milk and vanilla into a pint-and-a-half sized Mason jar, and blend.
- Add the honey and blend again.
To Assemble the Cheesecake Bars:
- Pour filling over the crust .
- Bake in the center of the oven until slightly puffy and set, about 30 minutes.
- Place the cheesecake bars on the cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 3 hours, or until completely cold.
- Cut into squares with a moistened knife.