This was a lot of fun to make, and even more fun to eat along with Homemade Organic Waffles.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 lbs. organic strawberries
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
Here’s How I do it:
- Rinse, hull, and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Place them into a deep frying pan or skillet.
- Cover the strawberries with the sugar.
- Heat the strawberry mixture over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once some of the syrup begins to form, take an immersion blender on it’s lowest setting and puree some of the strawberries.
- Cook the mixture until the desired consistency is reached, about 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Place the strawberry syrup into a quart sized Mason jar.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.
- Makes approximately one quart of syrup.