This is a recipe that I came up with to make taco salad a bit more fancy.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. of grass-fed organic beef steak, cubed
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Chipotle Steak Marinade
- 1-2 heads of organic green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup of Homemade Organic Tex Mex Beans
- 1 cup of prepared organic brown rice
- 1 cup of diced organic tomatoes
- Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup of fresh (or frozen) organic corn
- 1 cup of diced organic yellow onion
- 1 cup of diced organic sweet peppers or bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of grated organic cheddar cheese
- 1 recipe Homemade Organic Smoky Garlic Salad Dressing
Here’s How I do it:
- Cube the steak and place it into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour in the marinade and shake well. Add some water or more oil if it doesn’t cover the beef.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Soak the beans overnight to prepare, if not all ready prepared.
- Prepare the rice 1 hour before you expect to eat the salad.
- Over medium high heat, cook the cubed beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the corn (if frozen) and allow to warm up.
- Cut the lettuce into strips.
- Put the cooked rice onto the lettuce.
- Add the beef and corn mixture.
- Add bell peppers or sweet peppers and tomatoes to the salad.
- Top with dressing, cheese and pickled jalapenos (if using).