Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup undiluted Homemade Organic Evaporated Milk; or Homemade Organic Half-and-Half; or organic heavy cream
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 organic pasture egg yolks (Save the whites in the freezer for future use)
- 1/2 [1 stick] cup organic pasture butter
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup organic flaked coconut
- 1 cup organic pecans, chopped
Here’s How I do it:
- In a medium saucepan, mix evaporated milk (or half-and-half or heavy cream), sugar, egg yolks and vanilla over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture for 12 minutes.
- Add flaked coconut and chopped pecans.
- Beat until thickened.