Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups Homemade Organic Beef Stock
- 1 1/2 cups organic grass-fed whole milk
- 3/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 3 Tbsp. home rendered tallow OR organic pasture butter
- 1/4 cup organic onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves organic garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly ground peppercorn blend
Here’s How I do it:
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat
- Add onions and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken stock and ½ cup of the milk in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper, whisking to mix well.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, do NOT boil.
- Pour the flour and remaining milk into the saucepan and whisking continuously over medium heat as the mixture simmers.
- Continue to simmer and stir/whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick, 5-10 minutes. The mixture will thicken a bit as it cools.