I have adapted this recipe slightly from Growing a Greener World. There’s a video on how to make jam if you’re new to making your own jams at home.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 6 cups organic pitted, chopped apricots (with skins on)
- 3 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed organic lemon juice or organic bottled lemon juice without synthetic additives
Here’s How I do it:
- Place the chopped apricots, lemon juice and sugar into the bottom of a heavy-bottomed 6-8 quart stainless steel or enamel stockpot over medium heat.
- Stir ingredients until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Turn the temperature down to a simmer and allow to set, stirring constantly.
- The mixture has set once it’s reached 220° Fahrenheit (use a candy thermometer to check) or passes the *wrinkle test.
- You may either can this jam or freeze it.
*Wrinkle Test: Place a spoonful of the jam onto a chilled plate and set it into the freezer for 2 minutes. Then use your finger to press into it from the side. If it wrinkles, it is ready to can. If not, keep cooking and try again in a few minutes.