This is the deluxe version of a BLT (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 lb. organic pork belly, thinly sliced OR 1 lb. organic bacon without synthetic additives
- 4 pieces organic green leaf or organic romaine lettuce
- 8 slices organic sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 thin slices organic yellow onion, separated
- 4 sliced organic cremini mushrooms
- 1 organic tomato, sliced
- 4 Tbsp Homemade Organic Mayonnaise
- 8 slices organic sandwich bread (Your choice, I usually use an organic multigrain bread or organic rye bread.)
Here’s How I do it:
- Cook the bacon or pork belly to your desired crispness, seasoning if appropriate.
- Spread mayonnaise onto the bread slices.
- Add some fried bacon, onion, mushroom, tomato, cheese and lettuce to the sandwich.
- Top with a second slice of bread with mayonnaise.