These sandwiches pair really well with Homemade Organic Savory Tomato Soup. It’s all about the technique with this recipe. My Darling taught me how to make grilled cheese sandwiches this way:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 8 pieces organic multi grain or organic rye bread
- 8 Tbsp. organic pasture butter
- 1/2 to 1 lb. organic cheddar cheese, sliced
Here’s How I do it:
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place a Tbsp. square of butter on the pan and quickly add the bread on top.
- Layer cheese slices on top of the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the cheese slices.
- Once the bottom piece of bread is golden brown, take it off of the skillet.
- Add another Tbsp. square of butter to the skillet.
- Quickly flip the sandwich on top of the butter.
- Once this side of the sandwich is golden brown, it’s done.
- Repeat steps 2-8 for the other sandwiches.
- You can also experiment with other cheeses instead of cheddar. My Darling likes blue cheese on his sandwiches.