I completely tried something new when I made this and it worked out beautifully! This is really a smooth jam that spreads just like butter. I read somewhere that fruit butters have more fruit to sugar content than most jams. I like this recipe a lot!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 15 or so organic whole apricots with skins left on, chunked [5 cups of organic apricot puree]
- 2-1/2 cups of organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp organic lemon juice
Here’s How I do it:
- Puree the apricots until smooth; No one will know that the skins are in there.
- Add the apricot puree and sugar to the bottom of a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot.
- Heat the mixture to 220° Fahrenheit as that’s the stage where it will gel, stirring often.
- Place the butter into hot, sterilized jars leaving 1/4″ headspace.
- Follow the proper water-bath canning procedures.