I found the original recipe here and I’ve adapted it to make it organic and remove the corn syrup along with the synthetic chemicals.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Apricot Jam with No Pectin OR Homemade Organic Apricot Butter with No Pectin
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Peach Jam without Pectin OR Homemade Organic Peach Butter with No Pectin
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp. organic white vinegar or organic rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. organic arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. organic Nama Shoyu soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Basic Yellow Mustard; OR Homemade Organic French’s-Styled Classic Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 5 Tbsp. unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
Here’s How I do it:
- Put all of the ingredients into a medium-size sauce pot and whisk until everything is smooth and combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Lower heat to a slow boil or simmer and cook this mixture anywhere from 3-5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- The sauce will thicken as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and it can be served immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- If you’d like to reheat the sauce, add it to a sauce pot with a little bit of water and warm over medium heat.
- This recipe yields approximately a cup-and-a-half of dipping sauce.