I have adapted this recipe from Alton Brown.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup Homemade Organic Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
- 1 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. organic cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Chili Powder`
- 1 tsp. organic dried thyme
- 1/2 organic yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 organic carrot, peeled and broken
- 3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper
- 1 lb. organic grass-fed ground chuck
- 1 lb. organic pasture ground pork
- 1 1/2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1 organic pasture egg
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Heinz-Styled Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, Annie’s works great
- Dash hot pepper sauce (Homemade Organic Pickled Jalapeno brine or Homemade Organic Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. raw local honey, optional
Mix all glaze ingredients into a bowl until thoroughly blended.
Here’s How I do it:
- Pre-heat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Real Salt, black pepper, granulated garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme; Pulse until the mixture is of a fine texture and place this mixture into a large bowl.
- Combine the onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper in the food processor bowl. Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Combine the vegetable mixture, ground beef, and ground pork with the bread crumb mixture.
- Season the meat mixture with salt.
- Add the egg and combine thoroughly, but avoid squeezing the meat.
- Pack this mixture into a 10-inch loaf pan to mold the shape of the meatloaf.
- Onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, turn the meatloaf out of the pan onto the center of the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread the glaze all over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!