Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1/3 bar of organic 85% dark chocolate, chunked
- 3 Tbsp. organic raw cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. organic arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Real Salt
- 3 pastured egg yolks
- 1 cup organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 2-1/2 cups organic grass-fed whole milk
- 1 tsp. Homemade Organic Vanilla Extract
Here’s How I do it:
- Melt the chunked chocolate with the cocoa powder, arrowroot powder, salt and cane sugar over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Cook until the sugar and chocolate pieces have melted.
- Add the egg yolks and mix until well blended.
- Add the heavy cream and whole milk and blend.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes thick and bubbly, approximately 12 minutes.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Put into serving bowls and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.