My Darling has declared that we should make this every time we have leftover meatloaf! I hope that your family will enjoy it as much as mine does!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups crumbled Homemade Organic Beef and Pork Meatloaf
- 2-1/2 cups organic strained tomatoes (tomato puree)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Organic Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups unchlorinated and unfluoridated water
- 2 organic small sweet peppers OR 1/2 organic bell pepper
- 1 cup diced organic yellow onion
- 3 minced organic garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. organic Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. organic red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. organic fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. organic freshly-ground peppercorn blend
- 2 Tbsp. home rendered lard or tallow, for sauteing
Here’s How I do it:
- In the bottom of a stockpot, heat lard or tallow until warm and bubbly.
- Add the onions to the pot and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced peppers and garlic to the pot and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Once all of the vegetables are softened, add the water, stock and tomato puree.
- Stir in the crumbled meatloaf pieces.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the temperature down to a low simmer.
- Add all of the seasonings and stir well.
- Simmer for 1-1/2 hours, or until desired thickness is reached.